We’re actively looking for a Client Relationship Specialist (CRS) to join our Client Service team in Harrisburg, PA. The CRS works directly with the financial advisors supporting the client relationship. The CRS handles the operational and administrative tasks involved with the financial planning and wealth management process including scheduling appointments, preparing materials for client and prospective client meetings, supporting the onboarding process for new clients, updating client accounts in the CRM system, and assisting with client requests for transfers of funds in and out of accounts.
What You’ll Do*
- Primary point person for incoming phone calls, greeting clients, mail distribution, scanning, filing and other day to day office management processes
- Work directly with clients, in collaboration with the financial advisors
- Build and maintain strong client relationships
- Become primary point of contact for service requests from existing clients
- Handle the financial advisor’s appointment calendar
- Answer administrative/operational client questions; respond to client requests via email/phone
- Communicate with custodians to resolve issues
- Monitor custodian websites for alerts (i.e. change of address, new account open, transfer notification, restricted account, etc.)
- Take appropriate action to resolve alerts and issues
- Place trades from advisor or clients; confirm accurate execution of trades and client service requests
- Maintain CRM database by compiling and inputting accurate client account data and details (e.g. contact details, client document filing, etc.)
- Manage client cash needs such as moving money (withdrawals and deposits) and processing contributions and distributions
- Schedule and confirm client and prospective client appointments
- Prepare documents for client review meetings
- Compile reports and presentations for the review meeting
- Pull client folders and review previous meeting notes to ensure information is accurate and up to date
- Prepare letters of instruction and paperwork to complete the recommendations
- Coordinate with outside professionals (i.e. accountants, attorneys, centers of influence individuals, trustees, financial entities, etc.) and internal firm employees in order to serve the needs of the client (tax season, pledged asset lines, margin)
- Manage the onboarding process of new clients
- Assist in implementing financial planning strategies outlined in investment plan
- Manage the require minimum distribution (RMD) process including calculating the RMDs, notifying clients of the RMDs, processing the RMD, and monitoring the RMDs throughout the year
- Administer the Charitable Gifting process
- Oversee the process when a client gets divorced
- Manage Trust distributions
- Oversee account conversions
- Create mini-plans for clients
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of requirements, activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Requirements, activities, duties, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
What You’ll Need
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- One (1) year of administrative or customer service representative experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Communication skills
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Positive Attitude
- Customer Oriented
- Initiative (Self-starter/self-motivated)
Good to Haves
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, business, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Financial Planning/Personal Financial Planning
- Certificate in Financial Planning
- Experience in a Financial Services environment
- Series 65 or Series 7 and Series 66 or Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Experience with
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint
- Salentica CRM or similar customer relationship management system
- Orion Advisor Technology or similar portfolio management software
- Schwab Advisor Services, Fidelity WealthCentral / Wealthscape, or TD Ameritrade Institutional
- eMoney or similar financial planning software
- Office 365
- Laserfiche (enterprise content management software)
What We Offer You
Fort Pitt Capital Group offers a comprehensive, competitive, total rewards package to all eligible employees.
- Medical/Prescription, Vision, and Dental: Fort Pitt Capital pays 100% of the monthly premium for employee-only coverage. Employee is responsible for payment of deductible and all co-pays. Coverage for spouse, child(ren), or family will be made available under Fort Pitt’s plan, at the employee’s expense. Coverage begins the first of the month following date of hire.
- Group Life Insurance: Fort Pitt Capital provides Group Life Insurance coverage to all full-time employees in the amount of $50,000.
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan: Fort Pitt Capital will make a safe harbor non-Elective contribution to all eligible participants, regardless of whether participants contribute to the Plan.
- Paid Time Off: Fort Pitt Capital observes 9 paid holidays and 2 paid floating holidays each year. We’ve adopted a days off policy by allotting a certain amount of days to be used for the purpose of scheduled personal or vacation time. All staff members hired after the 1st of January in any given year will have their Vacation/Personal Days Off and Holidays prorated for that year. After the 1st year, staff accrue 10 Vacation Days and 5 Personal Days. Additionally, Fort Pitt Capital offers each employee 8 hours of Paid Volunteer Time in a calendar year.
- Professional Development: Fort Pitt Capital encourages our employees to attend conferences, participate in external training events, join professional associations, and obtain professional certification. All approved professional development activities are eligible for reimbursement from company funds.
- Fort Pitt Alliance: An employee run Social Committee that hosts team-building events such as the Annual End-Of-Summer Picnic, Happy Hours, and Potluck Lunches.
About the Position
- Reports to the Director of Operations, Central PA Region
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Regular Full-Time
- Exempt/No Overtime
- Work Schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Little to no travel is expected for this position
- Salary Range is $45,000 – $50,000 depending on relevant experience
Fort Pitt Capital Group, LLC is an independent, fee-only investment management firm that provides financial planning, investment management, and fiduciary services to individuals and institutions. We are a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) with over $3.4 billion in assets under management. Our purpose is to be the trusted advisor for long-term relationships by providing the highest standards in client service and sound, time tested portfolio management. We help people organize their financial lives and manage their portfolios. We operate based on a simple conviction – to do what we believe is best for our clients. Our success is rooted in the genuine care we have for our clients, their lives, and the experience they have with us. Fort Pitt Capital Group, LLC was formed in 2015 to carry on the traditions and values of its predecessor, Fort Pitt Capital Group, Inc., which was formed in 1995. Fort Pitt is a wholly owned subsidiary of Focus Operating, LLC. Roof Advisory Group is a division of Fort Pitt. Fort Pitt has 48 employees and is headquartered in Greentree, PA with a second location in Harrisburg, PA. Please visit www.fortpittcapital.com for more information.
Fort Pitt Capital Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Interested in applying?
Submit your application via email to Kate Shirk, Talent and Development Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application must include:
- Your Resume
- 1-page document explaining why you want to work with us. Include what interests you about this opportunity in your written response