We’re actively looking for a third Financial Planning Specialist to join our Plan Writing Team in Pittsburgh, PA. The Financial Planning Specialist assists the firm’s team of 13 financial advisors in the creation of financial plans by preparing and constructing preliminary financial plans, investment analysis, and other client deliverables.
What You’ll Do*
- Work with Financial Advisors, Service Advisors, and Client Relationship Specialist to gather client information (brokerage statements and financial information) needed to construct and/or maintain accurate financial plans
- Develop, draft, and submit appropriate financial planning deliverables
- Review the client’s financial records
- Data enter the information into the planning software
- Create and model different possible financial scenarios
- Communicate with Financial Advisors on status updates and review basic planning information
- Review draft reports with Financial Advisors
- Discuss portfolio recommendation
- Identify necessary edits/adjustments
- Indicate key areas of concern or points of interest that the Financial Advisors should be aware of prior to the client meeting
- Maintain progress in CRM
- After Financial Advisor review, finalize financial analyses and projections for clients, including retirement, social security optimization, education funding, and occasional customized projections
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of requirements, activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Requirements, activities, duties, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, economics, accounting, business, or related field is required or High School Diploma or equivalent with relevant experience in a financial services environment is required
- Proficiency in
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Salentica CRM or similar customer relationship management system
- eMoney or similar financial planning software
Good to Haves
- Bachelor’s degree in Financial Planning/Personal Financial Planning
- Certificate in Financial Planning
- 1-3 years of financial planning experience
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Financial Paraplanner Qualified Professional (FPQP)
- Experience with
- Office 365
- Laserfiche (enterprise content management software)
What We Offer You
Fort Pitt Capital Group offers a comprehensive, competitive, total rewards package to all eligible employees.
- Medical/Prescription, Vision, and Dental: Fort Pitt Capital pays 100% of the monthly premium for employee-only coverage. Employee is responsible for payment of deductible and all co-pays. Coverage for spouse, child(ren), or family will be made available under Fort Pitt’s plan, at the employee’s expense. Coverage begins the first of the month following date of hire.
- Group Life Insurance: Fort Pitt Capital provides Group Life Insurance coverage to all full-time employees in the amount of $50,000.
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan: Fort Pitt Capital will make a safe harbor non-Elective contribution to all eligible participants, regardless of whether participants contribute to the Plan.
- Paid Time Off: Fort Pitt Capital observes 9 paid holidays and 2 paid floating holidays each year. We’ve adopted a days off policy by allotting a certain amount of days to be used for the purpose of scheduled personal or vacation time. All staff members hired after the 1st of January in any given year will have their Vacation/Personal Days Off and Holidays prorated for that year. After the 1st year, staff accrue 10 Vacation Days and 5 Personal Days. Additionally, Fort Pitt Capital offers each employee 8 hours of Paid Volunteer Time in a calendar year.
- Professional Development: Fort Pitt Capital encourages our employees to attend conferences, participate in external training events, join professional associations, and obtain professional certification. All approved professional development activities are eligible for reimbursement from company funds.
- Good Eats: Friday morning breakfasts, unlimited free coffee, tea, filtered water, and cans of carbonated beverages are available to all staff.
- Fort Pitt Alliance: An employee run Social Committee that hosts team-building events such as the Annual End-Of-Summer Picnic, Happy Hours, and Potluck Lunches.
About the Position
- Reports to the Chief Operating Officer & Managing Partner, Chief Growth Officer & Managing Partner, and Chief Executive Officer & Managing Partner
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Regular Full-Time
- Exempt/No Overtime
- Work Schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Little to no travel is expected for this position
- Salary Range is $45,000 – $50,000 depending on relevant experience
Fort Pitt Capital Group, LLC is an independent, fee-only investment management firm that provides financial planning, investment management, and fiduciary services to individuals and institutions. We are a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) with over $3.4 billion in assets under management. Our purpose is to be the trusted advisor for long-term relationships by providing the highest standards in client service and sound, time tested portfolio management. We help people organize their financial lives and manage their portfolios. We operate based on a simple conviction – to do what we believe is best for our clients. Our success is rooted in the genuine care we have for our clients, their lives, and the experience they have with us. Fort Pitt Capital Group, LLC was formed in 2015 to carry on the traditions and values of its predecessor, Fort Pitt Capital Group, Inc., which was formed in 1995. Fort Pitt is a wholly owned subsidiary of Focus Operating, LLC. Roof Advisory Group is a division of Fort Pitt. Fort Pitt has 48 employees and is headquartered in Greentree, PA with a second location in Harrisburg, PA. Please visit www.fortpittcapital.com for more information.
Fort Pitt Capital Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Interested in applying?
Submit your application via email to Kate Shirk, Talent and Development Manager, at email@example.com.
Your application must include:
- Your Resume
- 1-page document explaining why you want to work with us. Include what interests you about this opportunity in your written response