Complete the Form Below to Sign Up for This Webinar
What Happens to Your Money When You Die?
Jun 29, 2021M j, Y12:00pm EDT2021-06-29T16:00:00Zg:ia T1 hourFort Pitt Capital Group's Skylar Riddle, CFP®, and founding partner Michael Blehar will discuss the realities of what happens to your money when you die. We welcome you to send us your questions and participate in a fireside chat-style webinar to both demystify and open your eyes to the reality of transferring assets and debt after death.
The pair will discuss frequently asked questions like:
• What happens to investment accounts when someone dies without a will?
o Jointly owned and sole owned?
• What happens to their debt?
• To whom should you make the first call to figure it all out?
• What is a payable on death account?
• How are different accounts taxed?
• How soon do my heirs have access to the money?
• Will having my assets in trust save taxes?
• Do my investments need to be sold before transferring to my heirs?
• How do my heirs pay death taxes?
• Should I make any changes now with potential inheritance tax changes looming?
• What if my heirs are not good with finances?
• Who can explain my estate plan to my family?
• Does my will avoid probate?
Plus more questions, asked by you and the rest of the audience.