Webinar: Income And Estate Planning for Pre-Retirees And Business Owners
We recently hosted a webinar for business owners and pre-retirees about estate tax and income planning to answer questions that often come up. Brad Newman from our Harrisburg office moderated the virtual event with guests Steven J. Schiffman, Esquire of SCHIFFMAN, SHERIDAN & BROWN, P.C. and Christopher M. Shive, CPA of Martin M. Sacks & Associates, who lent their expertise in these areas.
Specifically, we address estate planning questions from medical practitioners to long-term care planning and more. Here’s a snapshot of the questions we discussed:
- Will estate planning and income tax planning continue to be important for most?
- What should someone mid-career be considering for estate planning?
- How to strike a balance between pre/post-tax savings?
- When is it time to contact an estate planning attorney?
- How might the CARES Act affect my estate tax decisions?
- What unique opportunities do business owners have?
- What do I need to know about the Paycheck Protection Program? What are the loan program and the rules around its forgiveness?
- What is the Qualified Business Income Deduction? And what are tax planning opportunities for early retirees and opportunities for maximizing usage of and contributions to various retirement plans?
- How should I use Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts and Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts to help reduce exposure to the federal estate tax?
Interested in learning more? Why You Need a Living Will