What Happens to Your Money When You Die
Fort Pitt Capital Group’s Skylar Riddle, CFP®, and founding partner Michael Blehar discuss the realities of what happens to your money when you die. Their fireside chat-style webinar both demystifies and opens your eyes to the reality of transferring assets and debt after death. The pair discuss frequently asked questions like:
- What happens to investment accounts when someone dies without a will?
- What happens to their debt?
- To whom should you make the first call to figure it all out?
- What is a payable on death account?
- How are different accounts taxed?
- How soon do my heirs have access to the money?
- Will having my assets in trust save taxes?
- Do my investments need to be sold before transferring to my heirs?
- How do my heirs pay death taxes?
- Should I make any changes now with potential inheritance tax changes looming?
- What if my heirs are not good with finances?
- Who can explain my estate plan to my family?
- Does my will avoid probate?
Still have questions? Contact a Fort Pitt Capital Group Financial advisor today.